Media Disrupted: Reinventing the Industry Through Technology, Innovation and Investment
Disruption is happening: hear the success stories on how high quality targeted content, alternative means of distribution, taking the audience in to consideration, addressing missing demographic, partnerships for quick growth, all help to expand the market opportunities for existing and new entrants. This event is held in partnership with the Women in Cable Telecommunications of Atlanta chapter.
Link To Short Post-Event Video:
Our panelists will discuss:
• How will the new forms of media evolve?
• What are the new ways of identifying and of reaching audiences?
• Who will be the big winners in the shifting dynamics of media distribution?
• What technology allows one to watch content on any device at any time?
• What is fueling growth? Where are the opportunities for growth?
• Over-the-air, over-the-top, multi-platform, on-demand and carriage deals – what’s on the horizon?
Possible themes to explore:
• Distribution of small networks, like early days of cable, free channels similar to early growth, cable style approach
• Entrepreneurial angle – by partnering with founders and local affiliates, go from idea to successful • network in very short time – explosive growth
• Over-the-air and over-the-top as key partners, full episodes on own site
February 24, 2015
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm